Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Tickets for Yakult-Giants Opening Series?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Tickets for Yakult-Giants Opening Series?
I am a long-time (well, 20 years) Chunichi fan (yay!). Oddly, I find their victory last year actually drawing me a bit closer to my second favorite, Yakult.

I will be in Tokyo mid-March through April 1 with my wife, who has never seen a NPB game. I notice that the Giants will be at Jingu for their opening series at the end of March. Like every self-respecting person, I hate the Giants.

What are the odds of getting tickets for this series on a walk-up basis right before the games? If impossible at the gate, are scalpers trustworthy/do they exist? Is it possible to order them in advance from a website or something that will actually accept a foreign credit card?

(I've been away from Japan for too long to know the answers to any of this, so hope you can help).

Thanks!
Comments
Re: Tickets for Yakult-Giants Opening Series?
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Jan 11, 2008 9:08 AM ]

It should be possible to get the tickets on the match days. Jingu is rarely full and there are usually tickets available on match days. If you want to make sure, buy the tickets when you first arrive in Japan from Ticket Pia or a convenience store (Lawsons).
Re: Tickets for Yakult-Giants Opening Series?
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Jan 11, 2008 11:28 AM | NIP Fan ]

That's exactly what I was going to say. First, buy the tickets when you arrive if at all possible. Second, make sure your schedule is open so that you can go to any of the three games - I don't really know, but am guessing the Saturday game might be easier to get tickets to than the others (since Sunday games are usually more crowded, and the Friday is the season opener).

If that fails, maybe you could go to some open-sen games (there's a bunch of Swallows games at Jingu from March 15 - 20)?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.