Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Fun Facts About Each of the 12 Teams

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Fun Facts About Each of the 12 Teams
I'm thinking of doing a Japanese baseball panel for a convention a long ways away (one of the major reasons why I want to do one at that time is because the convention coincides with the first two games of this year's Japan Series), and I am looking for some fun facts that people new to Japanese baseball would find amusing. Obviously, the biggest example of such a thing is the Curse of the Colonel, but I'm sure similar entertaining bits of trivia exist for the other 11 teams. So, what does each team have to offer in this sense? Heck, I'd like to see some Dragons tidbits too - I've only been following them since 2006, so there's a lot about their history that I don't yet know.

Obviously, I plan to cover Koshien and the other levels of play in the panel as well, but I do want to dedicate some time to each of the 12 pro teams, since the audience is most likely only to know the Japanese players currently in MLB. (And also since I have my own pictures from all 13 parks to use.)
Comments
Re: Fun Facts About Each of the 12 Teams
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Jan 20, 2008 6:21 PM | HT Fan ]

I still think this is an interesting tidbit.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.