Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japan Series Tickets?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Japan Series Tickets?
I know the FAQ section answers how to get tickets, but how difficult it is to get Japan Series tickets (or is it near impossible)? I just arrived in Japan a few days ago, and I can't understand Japanese, so the Lawson's website doesn't help me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in either seeing the game at Seibu Dome or the Giants' stadium.

Thanks!
Comments
Re: Japan Series Tickets?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 29, 2008 1:57 PM | YBS Fan ]

Try going into a Lawons, Sankus, 7-11, etc. and use a combination of hand gestures and the following words:
  • Nihon Shiriizu - Japan Series
  • Chiketto - ticket
  • Seibu Doumu - Seibu Dome
  • Tokyo Doumu - Tokyo Dome
  • tsuitachi - the first (day of month)
  • futsuka - the second
  • yokka - the fourth
  • itsuka - the fifth
  • muika - the sixth
  • youka - the eighth
  • kokonoka - the ninth
  • ichi-rui gawa - first base side
  • san-rui gawa - third base side
  • naiya seki - infield seats
  • gaiya shitei-seki - outfield reserved seets
  • gaiya jiyuu-seki - outfield unreserved seats
  • seki-hyou - seating chart
The Series will be at Tokyo Dome on the two weekends and Seibu Dome during the week days.

I've always gotten my tickets at the counter at Sankus, and the person has always been very helpful. I had to ask for things like the seating chart the first time, but then knew where I wanted to be thereafter. Others have reported rude, unhelpful people behind the counter at some convenience stores, but I've never experienced such people. (I do try to go during times when a line won't form behind me. Same when I take film in to be developed.)

If the counter-person says "urikiri," then they're "sold out" for that game.

Hope this helps.
[ Author: Guest: soxfan | Posted: Oct 30, 2008 9:14 AM ]

Thanks very much for your replies! I don't think they go on general sale over the counter until 10/31, so I'll give it a try then.
[ Author: number9 | Posted: Oct 30, 2008 11:34 AM ]

They went on sale today.
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Oct 29, 2008 10:19 PM | YOK Fan ]

Speaking from experience, Giants post season tickets are impossible to get, even if you show up at a ticket seller right when they go on sale. But on the bright side, the Tokyo Dome does offer tachimi or standing room tickets for 1,000 yen. That may be your best (and only) bet to get to the Tokyo Dome aside from the scalpers.

And if you get there early enough, you can stake out a great spot to stand either in the outfield stands or behind home plate. Just make sure that you lay your things out while watching so no one takes your spot while you're away.

IMHO, if you want a seat at a Japan Series game this year, the Seibu Dome games are your best bet.
[ Author: Guest: soxfan | Posted: Oct 30, 2008 10:23 AM ]

Thank you. Do you know what time I should arrive to buy standing room tickets?
[ Author: No.1BayFan | Posted: Oct 30, 2008 1:21 PM | YOK Fan ]

You can get the standing room tickets at any convenience store beforehand (which I highly suggest doing ASAP). I would get your ticket before the day of the game and show up a couple hours early and wait in line on game day to get in as early as possible.

If you are staying at a hotel, have the front desk clerk or someone print out the following sentence in Japanese so you can just take it to the convenience store and show the person at the register:
    日本シリーズの東京ドーム立ち見券お願いします。
    Nippon Shirizu no Tokyo Domu tachimi ken onegaishimasu.
That sentence should do the trick.

If you have any more problems, feel free to contact me here on the board and I'll be glad to help.

Good Luck.
[ Author: Guest: soxfan | Posted: Oct 31, 2008 11:14 AM ]

Thank you all for your help. I had a friend buy them for me on the Lawsons' website yesterday. Needless to say, it was an adventure using the Loppi machine there by myself, but the person there was very helpful and helped me enter all the information I needed. So I am excited to go tomorrow!

Thank you again.
[ Author: Guest: soxfan | Posted: Nov 1, 2008 9:37 AM ]

Hi, just curious. Are any of you going to Game 1 tonight and would like to meet up? I'll admit that I don't know anything about Japanese baseball, but I love baseball back in Boston, so I would value the company (and other English-speakers). I also don't have any allegiance to any team, although I guess I would favor the Lions because of Matsuzaka.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.