Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Jeff Williams' 2008 Contract?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Jeff Williams' 2008 Contract?
Does anybody know the contract situation for Jeff Williams in 2008? He has had some great years the past few seasons with the Tigers and I was wondering if he might be leaving soon or trying to get back to MLB?

Thanks a lot.
Comments
Re: Jeff Williams' 2008 Contract?
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Nov 16, 2007 10:06 AM | HAN Fan ]

There has been MLB interest and Williams is reportedly also interested. The Tigers will offer him a new contract, but no details have emerged yet.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 16, 2007 1:31 PM | YBS Fan ]

Probably the main concern with Williams for 2008 will be whether or not he wants to represent Australia in the Peking Olympics. If his desire to represent Australia in the Olympics is greater than his desire to pitch in MLB, then staying in Japan is the obvious choice. Going to the MLB is essentially taking him out of the running for the Olympic team.

This is one of the perks of staying in Japan.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Nov 17, 2007 3:45 AM ]

That's an interesting point that I didn't think about. I'm sure the pull of competing for his country in the Olympics is huge, so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

Thanks for the info.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.