Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kuroda Dominant in First Start

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Kuroda Dominant in First Start
A very impressive start to the 2008 season for Hiroki Kuroda. Kuroda allowed only three hits, no walks, and one earned run through seven innings pitched. Kuroda tossed only 77 pitches, 53 of which were strikes.

Kosuke Fukudome managed another 2 hits in Chicago. It looks like the two biggest names to head to MLB this past off-season are both off to great starts.
Comments
Re: Kuroda Dominant in First Start
[ Author: Guest: puddin head | Posted: Apr 9, 2008 6:57 PM ]

It's great to see both of those guys start well. Dice K is also off to a great start with the Red Sox, stepping up while Beckett and Schilling are hurting.

And good old So Taguchi may have changed teams but he continues to be the worst nightmare for the Mets' bullpen - with another big hit to spark a late-inning rally, something he's done often at Shea. The way I've seen and heard Mets fans knock Japanese baseball on blogs and talk radio, I'm always happy for Japanese guys who do them in!

Wait until Fukudome gets his whacks at them! As a Philly phanatic, I'll miss Iguchi but I'm glad we have Taguchi.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.