Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

MLB/NPB All-Star Series 2008?

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
MLB/NPB All-Star Series 2008?
Just wondering if anyone has news regarding an MLB/NPB All-Star Series in 2008? As I recall, it is every two years that the MLB/NPB holds these exhibition games during the first week of November.

I know the WBC is in 2009, so could the MLB/NPB All-Star Series be "postponed" because of the Olympics or A's/Red Sox this year?
Comments
Re: MLB/NPB All-Star Series 2008?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 21, 2008 1:02 AM | YBS Fan ]

I'm afraid that with the introduction of the introduction of the WBC that it was decided that the Nichi-Bei Series (as it's called here) was deemed to be no longer necessary. (Denying the NPB any say in the first WBC may have been a major factor in the decision.) So it's been postponed indefinitely.

The WBC isn't the only factor. There is also the Asia Series taking place at the beginning of November, so Tokyo Dome is booked during that vital week. And the NPB certainly doesn't want the press distracted from this event.

If you want to talk sending the MLB champion over to play the Asian champion, then I think that there might be more interest. Enough with the meaningless all star games.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.