Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Seattle Mariners

Baseball news from Japan and Asia
Seattle Mariners "Japanese Baseball Night"
The Seattle Mariners and Sanyo present their annual Salute to Japanese Baseball Night at Safeco Field on Monday, August 29, 2011 - 7:10 p.m. as Seattle faces the Angels! The game is usually preceded with Japanese music, taiko drum, and dancing. Most years the first pitch is thrown by a retired NPB player.

To get spcial group tickets to sit in the Japanese section go to http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/sea/ticketing/japan_night.jsp

DEADLINE TO PURCHASE: Friday, August 26 at NOON
Game Date: Monday, August 29, 2011 - 7:10 p.m.
Pricing:$11 View Reserved (normally $20)
$32 Field Level (normally $40)
$37 Terrace Club Outfield (normally $47)
$3 from each View Reserved ticket and $7 from each Field Level or Terrace Club ticket purchased through this special offer will benefit the Red Cross relief efforts in Japan!

Comments
Re: Seattle Mariners "Japanese Baseball Night"
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Sep 3, 2011 10:57 AM | HAN Fan ]

I attended the Seattle Mariners' Japanese Baseball Night with my Japanese mom, family, and Japanese friend. Japan Night has become an anuual ritual for me and my family. The pregame ceremonies as well as Japanese and Japanese-Americans in attendance seemed sparse compared to past years. As in past years an Okinawan Taiko group from Seattle opened the pregame show.

Since Kobe is Seattle's sister city, there were many fans in Hanshin Tigers garb. They were surprised with the Tigers' gear I was wearing.

Ichiro started off the game with a ground rule double. He added another double later and scored twice. The Mariners' Mike Carp lofted a home run into the Hit It Here Cafe in centerfield to break a 3-3 tie off Angels' reliever Hisanori Takahashi in the 8th inning. Final score Mariners 5-3 over the Angels.

Still a great time with key plays by Japanese players: Ichiro and Takahashi.
Re: Seattle Mariners "Japanese Baseball Night"
[ Author: Rocksfan | Posted: Sep 4, 2011 8:57 PM | CHU Fan ]

Did a former NBP player throw out the first pitch?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.