Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Discussion in the Video Games forum
I've been playing games of PYS4 on a bi-nightly basis with a forum member and it's way too fun. There is very little lag at all, so I think a league for the board is in order with the reports of a highly improved online mode in PYS5.

The advantage of playing with forum members is that you know you won't be dealing with anyone who quits early, and chances are he'll probably be at your skill level. A lot of the better players in PYS4 have played hundreds of games online with unreal stats like 2 homers per inning or a combined ERA of less than 1. We're just looking to have a casual and fun time here. Gaming isn't a chore. You don't get a medal by beating everyone in an online game.

So if you want to play with forum members in PYS5 once or twice a week with rankings I'll keep on the forum, go ahead and reply with your PSN. I'll add you to my friends list and come up with a system for the league when the game is released.
Comments
Re: Sign Up Here For PYS5 League
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 3, 2008 10:23 AM ]

I call dibs on the BayStars....my PSN is Cyphre316 (BigZ you're on my buddy list). I suggest having a commish, and for players to post results on an "honest" basis. The winner would send a message with result to the league commish thru PSN and commish can post results/keep standings on japanesebaseball.com thread. We can even have a climax series where the top 2 teams in each league (CL + PL) meet in a best of 5 series and then the 2 league champs meet for the PYS5/JB.com series. Man I wish this game would have the ability to create leagues like MLB 2K ( the only great feture the game has). Anyhow I am all for it and if you need help creating the league and or schedule....let me know.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 3, 2008 10:37 PM | CLM Fan ]

I call Chiba Lotte. Obviously I'll be head of the league and keeping track of everything. I have a friend on PSN who would probably want Yakult, so we can all assume that the Swallows have been called. So here are the teams so far...

Chunichi Dragons -
Yomiuri Giants -
Hanshin Tigers -
Yokohama BayStars - Cyphre
Tokyo Yakult Swallows - BaystarsBoy
Hiroshima Toyo Carp -

Fukuoka Softbank Hawks -
Chiba Lotte Marines - BigManZam
Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters -
Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles -
Orix Buffaloes -
Saitama Seibu Lions -

We'd probably have these games in the Ranked Server, as the free servers have issues with letting certain people in. I know I rarely can get in Server 2.
[ Author: Guest: GDub816 | Posted: Mar 4, 2008 6:33 AM ]

Hi Bigman, please add me to the league. My PSN is GDub816 and you are already on my buddy's list.

I am not planning to play any U.S. baseball games online because people cheat and took the authenticity away from the real baseball experience.

I will call Buffaloes!!

Please let me know if you need any help setting this up

Regards

G.W
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Mar 6, 2008 5:09 AM | SFT Fan ]

I go back and forth between Softbank and Yakult, but if I had to pick, I would go with Softbank for PYS5 since Yakult is going to have a whole lot of nothing. Besides, I'm writing about Softbank this season in my blog, lol.
[ Author: Guest: Eric | Posted: Mar 11, 2008 12:10 AM ]

I would defintely like to play in a league. My PSN is Zatoichi01. I'll take the Giants.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 11, 2008 12:56 AM | CLM Fan ]

Alright, so here's the updated list. We may not fill out all the teams, but that's alright. I'm sure we'll add a couple more once the game is released.

Chunichi Dragons -
Yomiuri Giants - Zatoichi01
Hanshin Tigers -
Tokyo Yakult Swallows -
Hiroshima Toyo Carp -

Fukuoka Softbank Hawks - NipponHam11
Orix Buffaloes - Gdub816
Saitama Seibu Lions -

Need 7 more players. We still have Chunichi and Hanshin available, so lurkers are encouraged to get out from under their rocks.
[ Author: RandyBass | Posted: Mar 11, 2008 7:03 AM | HT Fan ]

What are the details of the league? How often will games be played? I ask because I'm not sure if I'll be able to play more than a few times a week.

Also, I'm going to be moving some time within a month or two, so I might not be able to play much until late Spring or early Summer.

Well, tentatively sign me up for Hanshin. PSN ID: Al_Def

[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 11, 2008 5:32 PM | CLM Fan ]

I understand everybody is busy, so I don't expect anything more than a game once a week. We'll probably have them run during the weekends, when most people are free. The slower schedule will also help lesser experienced guys get their game up while the league runs. With that said, here's an updated list.

Chunichi Dragons -
Yomiuri Giants - Zatoichi01
Hanshin Tigers - Randy Bass(Tentative)
Tokyo Yakult Swallows - Yakulto
Hiroshima Toyo Carp -

Fukuoka Softbank Hawks - NipponHam11
Orix Buffaloes - Gdub816
Saitama Seibu Lions -

In keeping with GameBattles.com rules, there will be a 20 minute grace period for you to show up for your match. If you miss a scheduled game, you will automatically give up the loss. In the interest of all motivated players in the league, a second no show will result in your spot in the league becoming free for anyone else to take. I'll put down all the rules in a separate thread when the release date gets closer. I'll also need to know when you guys are free, so I can get the general idea for a schedule.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Mar 11, 2008 8:37 AM | TYS Fan ]

Put me down for Yakult now they appear to have freed up.

PSN : yakulto77

Never played any online games of PYS before, but a league sounds like fun.
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Mar 11, 2008 7:16 PM | TYS Fan ]

NH11, what's your PSN ID?
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Mar 12, 2008 8:06 AM | SFT Fan ]

I'll be sure to add you tonight, mine is BayStar_boy.
[ Author: RandyBass | Posted: Mar 24, 2008 6:55 AM | HT Fan ]

Hey, I'm going to have to remove my entry into this league. I'm going to be busy, and I'm not even sure when I'm going to get the game.

So go ahead and take my name off the list, for Hanshin.

Maybe I'll eventually be able to play some individual games later in the year, or a tournament perhaps? Koshien style?

Thanks.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 24, 2008 10:13 AM | CLM Fan ]

Thanks for letting us know, Mr. Bass. Hehe. Hanshin is a popular team and now someone will get a chance to use them.

On another note, Gdub, I really need you to accept my friend request on PSN. I've had your friend request out for a few weeks now. I know I had you on it before, but I cleaned out my friends list a while back. I need you to accept again.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Apr 3, 2008 7:33 AM | SFT Fan ]

Since my parents dropped the ball with ordering PYS5 for my birthday, I'm gonna have to drop out of the league for now. Also, my computer just fried last night, so I will be strapped for money for quite a while.
[ Author: Guest: ken | Posted: Apr 4, 2008 1:26 AM ]

Hi, all

I really would like to join the league

but unfortunately, even though i got the game already,,but wont probably really have chance to sit down and play until end of april...(busy with work)

would that cause problem for the league?

if not,,i would like to join too...and i will use the hawks..if not the tigers.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 4, 2008 5:03 AM ]

Is this league for the PS2 or PS3 version of the game?
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: Apr 7, 2008 1:27 PM | SFT Fan ]

This is for the PS3 version.
[ Author: Guest: Eric | Posted: Apr 4, 2008 12:11 PM ]

I'm not exactly sure when I'll be able to get the game, I'm also gonna be busy with final exams coming up soon. So I doubt I will have time for the league.
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: Apr 5, 2008 3:40 AM | FSH Fan ]

I would be joining if I have a PS3...

But wait...there's chance I will have one before the summer after I move back to HK in 2 weeks.
[ Author: hoosier4974 | Posted: Apr 9, 2008 6:27 PM ]

I'd be interested in joining this league. I'm new to this board so I hope that is okay.

I'm new to this series or any imported game for that matter, so I have some learning to do. I don't know a lick of Japanese so decipering the manual and learning to move around the menus will be a real chore for me. Any chance that BigMan will be putting a translation this year??? I see that he did for last year's game.

I did go through the Konami ID tutorial earlier and everything seemed to workout. I got what I believe to be a confirmation email from Konami.
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 7:24 AM | CLM Fan ]

League is going to be on hiatus until more people show interest and make a commitment to playing games. I'm not going to run a league with just 3 or 4 forum members. We can just play normally and message on PSN if it's going to be like that.

I'm working on a translation right now. I have other obligations, but this is on top of my list right now.

Did you sign into online with your Game ID and Password? Tell me how it went.
[ Author: BIG CAROLINA | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 8:48 AM ]

Yes I did it. Thanks for the step by step process.I have yet to go online but I will. My PSN is BIGKC777. now I can't wait for you to finish the translation.
[ Author: hoosier4974 | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 11:12 PM ]

I haven't tried to sign in yet (in game), won't have the game until later today.

I'll be trying to sign in some time tonight.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.