Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

4/15 will be final day for PYS4 online

Discussion in the Video Games forum
4/15 will be final day for PYS4 online
Just letting everyone know that the servers will shut down for good when the clock hits midnight on 4/15.
Comments
Re: 4/15 will be final day for PYS4 online
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 11, 2008 6:48 PM | CLM Fan ]

Just posting this here, since it doesn't fit anywhere else.

Ever wondered how those guys online hit home runs off of you when you locate with perfect timing right on the corner of the strike zone? Try pressing the PS button on your controller next time you play PYS4. Now, exit that black screen. See that crazy slow down in the games processing speed?

This is poor programming, and cheaters have exposed it online. All you have to do is do this just before a person pitches, it slows down the pitch to a crawl, and you basically hit slow balls all day. Very cheap and now I don't feel so bad for giving up home runs to this one jerk using the Carp. I knew something was up when Soyogi hit two homers off of me when I was locating perfectly. Here's hoping all the online problems in PYS4 are fixed for PYS5.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 11, 2008 9:43 PM ]

I TOLD YOU THERE WERE CHEATERS!!!!!! I knew there was something going on when I was batting and no slow down occured yet when my opponents were batting there where slow downs and they hit alsomst every pitch and ended with many of those being HR's. I played solid defense and my ERA is a very decent 2.47 overall but still alot of runs and HR's shouldn't have happened. Hey BigZ are you able to blog on that website you say you think Konami is looking at and/or listening to. Someone needs to post this issue so they can address it before the release of PYS5. Thanks for the info and we should maybe start a thread that points out cheaters or people whom we suspect are cheating (ie, to many pauses, slowdowns, etc.)
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Mar 12, 2008 4:59 AM | CLM Fan ]

I'm sure Konami is very aware of the issue. They can't fix it because it's a problem with the actual game code. The engine of the game is causing that slowdown. Don't worry. I'm sure PYS5 won't have this issue.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.