Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kiyohara to Have Season-Ending Surgery

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Kiyohara to Have Season-Ending Surgery
Yomiuri Giants' first baseman Kazuhiro Kiyohara will undergo endoscopic surgery on his injured left knee. Kiyohara will miss the remainder of the year. [Full Story - Japan Ball]

Kiyohara hit .212 with 22 HRs and 52 RBIs this year. He also hit his 500th career home run this year. [Giants 2005 Stats - Borisov's Pro Yakyu]
Comments
Re: Kiyohara to Have Season-Ending Surgery
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Aug 17, 2005 6:00 PM | TYS Fan ]

Oh that's such a terrible shame. No, really.
[ Author: Guest: Tigers Baka | Posted: Aug 18, 2005 12:53 AM ]

You might say "saving-face" surgery!

Sounds like he was pushing it to get a contract this year. I think this will spell the end of his Giants career.
[ Author: Guest: Andrew | Posted: Aug 18, 2005 11:20 AM ]

I think it's time to hang it up. Great career!
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Aug 18, 2005 12:36 PM | CLM Fan ]

Yeah, I think it's about time for both Kiyohara and Furuta to hang it up. It'd be nice to see Yoshikawa get a full season at first next year. Kyojin could also move Kokubo to first and convert Nagata to third base.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 24, 2005 8:26 PM ]

Time to retire Kiyo. Great career but you're done. I saw those tears in your eyes when you struck on purpose against Sasaki, and it was tears of your career flashing in front of your eyes. Lose the earrings and get on with your life.
[ Author: Guest: semajllibfonaf | Posted: Aug 26, 2005 2:22 PM ]

Unusual unanimity on this thread, and deservedly so, since Kiyohara - very, very great player though he was - had little business extending his career beyond Akiyama's. Koji retired in reasonable glory, while Kiyo has given the fans five years of disappointment, even when relatively valuable.

Retire and let's get you in the HOF sooner!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 30, 2005 6:53 PM ]

Kiyohara's gone!? Yaaayyy! I love to see hurt Giants players.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.