Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live! August 26: Carp vs. Dragons

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live! August 26: Carp vs. Dragons
Very short notice today, but I'll be hosting the Hiroshima Toyo Carp vs. the Chunichi Dragons from Nagoya Dome this evening at about 6:00pm JST. That's about 2 1/2 hours from this posting. (If you're logged in, post times can be set to your time zone.) I want to go to the Pacific League this week, but none are available with my cable provider. This weekend will be a busy one for me, so tonight will be the only chance.

Information on tuning in is available from the "Live!" link above. Hope to have you "tune in" for a night of Pro Yakyu.
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live! August 26: Carp vs. Dragons
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 26, 2005 9:30 PM ]

Is it possible te receive tapes of full games? (No cable company is broadcasting Japanese baseball in Canada.)
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 26, 2005 10:17 PM | YBS Fan ]

This turned out to be a really good game, with the Dragons coming back strong in the late innings, but the Carp not giving up completely. Maeda is really on a role lately.

Anyway, you can download the game to play on your MP3 player here.

I would also like to let you know that I'll be a guest on MHStevie's radio show again this Sunday morning (local New York time), around 9:00pm JST. As those of you who joined in the Pro Yakyu Game of the Week chats last year know, MHStevie hosts the "Radio 1/2 Show" on Skidmore College's campus radio station WSPN. When on the air, you can find the stream on Shoutcast here. (The trouble they had last time has been fixed.) We plan on ironing out the echo problem that we had last time, so those of you who don't catch it live can listen to the recording, which I'll post to the audio archives when we're done.

Hope a few of you can tune in then.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 28, 2005 9:46 PM | YBS Fan ]

The Radio 1/2 Show was another great experience. It's nice to talk baseball via voice instead of fingers. You can download and listen at your leasure here. The end was cut off, so there are still some technical glitches I need to work out. Hope you enjoy it.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.