Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Pro Yakyu Live! September 15 - Hanshin vs. Chunichi

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Pro Yakyu Live! September 15 - Hanshin vs. Chunichi
It's been since August since I'd done a live broadcast, and as the season winds down, I wonder where all the time went.

Still, most people here are interested in the Hanshin and Chunichi battle for first place in the Central League, so I thought I'd bring you that game live tonight. Just click on the "Live!" link at the top of this page around 6:00 pm JST [time/date in your area].

As usual, you can call in via Skype to "proyakyulive" during the game to give your comments. In fact, if one of you here in Japan could call in and act as commentator, that would really liven the game up.

Hope to have several of you tune in live! If you can't make it, the game will be place in the audio archive after the game to play on your MP3 player (no evil DRM included).
Comments
Re: Pro Yakyu Live! September 15 - Hanshin vs. Chunichi
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 15, 2006 10:51 PM | YBS Fan ]

I was kind of late getting started this evening. Had trouble logging in to the server and missed the first half inning.

Nonetheless, for your delayed listening pleasure, here is the Hanshin vs. Chunichi game [41MB MP3 file - 3 hours long] starting in the bottom of the first. Kawakami pitched a gem in the 7-0 shutout. Shimoyanagi pitched very well, too, but had no run support.

As always, please feel free to share the broadcast and use them, in full or in part, how ever you feel fit. All I ask is you give credit to JapaneseBaseball.com.
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Sep 30, 2006 1:13 PM ]

Sunday broadcast for the final Dragons-Tigers match?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 30, 2006 5:13 PM | YBS Fan ]

I'm afraid that the game is not being broadcast live on any of the cable channels I get. The live game is at 2:00, and will be re-broadcast on a channel I get at 6:00, well after everyone knows the results. Is there any interest?
[ Author: Guest: zman | Posted: Sep 30, 2006 6:56 PM ]

With the loss today by the Tigers and the broadcast complexities, I would say no. But thanks for the quick reply and offer.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.