Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Orix Signs John Chad Allen

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Orix Signs John Chad Allen
Orix signed or invited KC Royal outfielder John Chad Allen to camp. Does anyone have any information on him?
Comments
Re: Orix Signs John Chad Allen
[ Author: Guest: Guest | Posted: Oct 28, 2006 1:31 PM ]

Allen is a .269 career MLB hitter, a .309 career minor league hitter. I heard a rumor that he is the biggest dog ever, meaning lazy. He won't run hard to first base and makes zero effort on defense. We'll see if that rumor is true soon enough, and if it is, he had better put up some offensive numbers!
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Oct 28, 2006 6:11 PM | CLM Fan ]

Usually I'd say that he doesn't stand a chance in Japan with that attitude, but Orix needs help badly.
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Oct 28, 2006 3:09 PM | SFT Fan ]

It is probably an open invitation to fall camp by Orix to evaluate whether or not they will sign Allen, if so. Though, I haven't heard anything suggesting they are looking at him.

Allen is a journeyman outfielder who's batted .269/.321/.389 with 14 HRs and 84 RBI in 267 games and 851 AB's. [Player Stats - Baseball-Reference]
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Oct 30, 2006 9:34 AM | SFT Fan ]

Adding to what I said above, Allen was invited to Buffaloes fall camp [Orix Buffaloes Official Site - in Japanese], not signed by Orix. He is participating in fall camp with the Buffaloes.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.