Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Sikorski Returns To Chiba Lotte

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Sikorski Returns To Chiba Lotte
Pitcher Brian Sikorski has signed a one year contract worth 70 million yen, rejoining the Chiba Lotte Marines, where Sikorski played from 2001 to 2003.

Sikorski went 1-2 with 1 SVs and a 2.29 ERA in 29 games with the Swallows last year after coming over from the Cleveland Indians.

Source: Japan Ball
Comments
Re: Sikorski Returns To Chiba Lotte
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Dec 15, 2007 3:32 AM | CLM Fan ]

Great signing, especially with the loss of YFK. Sikorski can also close games, so that's huge. I was starting to worry about who'd be capable of closing next year. Ogino and Kawasaki are still very young and Ohmine will need at least a couple more seasons to develop control and breaking balls.

I really like the drafting of Karakawa, since he's like Naruse and can put the ball anywhere he wants. They could either immediately put him in the bullpen or start him and send either Kubo or Ono to the bullpen. I'm really looking forward to seeing who's going to step up next year.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Dec 15, 2007 12:36 PM | HAN Fan ]

It seems that the poor Swallows are being left with no-one. What is happening?
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Dec 15, 2007 3:03 PM | TYS Fan ]

- If we let any more go we'll have no-one left!

I see nothing other than the CL cellar for Yakult next year unless they've got a number of quality signings up their sleeve. I sincerely doubt the quality of those arriving will be as good as those that have left.

But one thing's for sure - they'll certainly be cheaper!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.