Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

The Pro Yakyu Report Vol. 1.22 - Starters vs. Relievers Part I

Discussion in the Bayside West: Yokohama forum
The Pro Yakyu Report Vol. 1.22 - Starters vs. Relievers Part I
John E. Gibson claims that the BayStars need to start looking for a new foreign pitcher to get to the closer. I content that relief really isn't the issue. This week I compare the BayStars starters and relievers this far into the season.

====
Pocket Calendar
====

May 28, 29: Central League plays hosts in Inter-league competition.
May 31-: Venue switches to Pacific League homes.

May 27: Japan Baseball Weekly Podcast featuring Hanshin's Matt Murton. Also scheduled to be covered are the Tigers, Nippon Ham's Shohei Ohtani's debut as a starting pitcher, and Hector Luna's 17 and 23 game hitting streaks.

Questions and comments on this Report will be fielding by me on either JapaneseBaseball.com or Google+. Feel free to share to other platforms and communities you think may be interested in Pro Yakyu, but these are the forums where I'll definitely see your feedback.
Comments
Re: The Pro Yakyu Report Vol. 1.22 - Starters vs. Relievers Part I
[ Author: Guest: Azza | Posted: May 27, 2013 8:34 PM ]

I am wondering, with Yokohama's pitcher's ERAs, how much do you think it has to do with the fact that Yokohama Stadium is a batter's park and as opposed to Hiroshima pitchers doing well and they play mainly in pitchers parks.
Re: The Pro Yakyu Report Vol. 1.22 - Starters vs. Relievers Part I
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 28, 2013 12:02 AM | YBS Fan ]

That sounds like a very good further follow up.

My gut tells me that they aren't any worse on the road than at home. But I'll run the numbers later this week to see.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.