Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

The Pro Yakyu Report 1.34 - Psychological Advantage of Scoring First

Discussion in the Bayside West: Yokohama forum
The Pro Yakyu Report 1.34 - Psychological Advantage of Scoring First
Anthony Pang asked if there was any advantage to scoring first. That's a good question, and one that some data analysis may be able to bring to light. So this week I analyze the results of scoring first not only in Japanese baseball, but also with respect to the Korean Baseball Organization and Major League Baseball.

====
Follow Up
====

Regarding the Mr. NPB show a couple of weeks ago, further research found that "Gypsy" Osamu Gotoh spent 3 years playing for the Robins at ni-gun, which adds a franchise to his otherwise 6 teams resulting in having played for 7 franchises overall. The full report will be published in Japanese in "Baseball Magazine" that will hit the book stores on September 19 here in Japan.

====
Pocket Calendar
====

The Tokyo Swallows Podcast #16 came out last Friday, August 16. I give a quick summary in this video, or you could just listen for yourself here.

The Japan Baseball Weekly Podcast comes out tomorrow, Monday, August 19. John talks with the Giants' Scott Mathieson, the pair discuss the continued success of Ma-kun, then they plan on continuing their MVP debate. I've also been informed that one of the listener questions to be addressed is one I submitted too late for last week's show.

Finally, the Summer Koshien Tournament will conclude at the end of this coming week, weather permitting. And with that in mind, I plan on interviewing Edwin Dizon next weekend for a big review. If you have any questions or comments you'd like the high school tournament expert to answer, please comment below or send me an e-mail, the address mentioned in the show.

====
Resources
====

npb-2008-2013.csv
kbo-2008-2013.csv
mlb-2013.csv
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.