Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

On the cusp

Discussion in the Tiger Tails forum
On the cusp
Tigers came from behind here as Wada stupidly went with the Messenger/Fujii pairing. He should have started Umeno but he redeemed himself by replacing Fujii with Tsuruoka for the final three innings. Tsuruoka has been a revelation in the Climax Series showing a talent and ability behind the plate I hadn't thought he possessed. He has handled the relief with considerable aplomb and has been a major factor in the Tigers ability to hold their leads. Sugiuchi for the Giants couldn't hold the two run lead his side had gifted him and gave up two runs to Gomez to tie the score. Further runs followed in the seventh with Fukudome and Gomez sharing the honours. With a 4-2 lead Tigers relief held the game. The series now stands at 3-1 to the Tigers but we have to be a little cautious. Giants are in a backs to the wall situation and at home will play harder. They have previously gone three games down but come back to win the next three and take the series. Tigers though should win - they are showing more determination and application than before and should be able to leverage this for one more victory.
Comments
Re: On the cusp
[ Author: Guest: guest | Posted: Oct 18, 2014 3:16 PM ]

What's up with the TV coverage of this series? I"m fairly new to Japan, but I thought Tigers--Giants was supposed to be the most historic rivalry in Japanese sports. I had to surf around to like three different channels last night to find the game. Seems like a big event like this would be on one common channel.
Re: On the cusp
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 18, 2014 11:36 PM | YBS Fan ]

Not showing complete games on terrestrial TV is the norm, and has been for decades. Everyone accepts it.

For Giant home games, G+ on cable is the place to tune in. Tigers' home games are split between GAORA and Sky A Sports+. One will carry it live, the other will show it with a delay.

If you don't have cable, it's going to be hard to enjoy televised baseball in Japan.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.