Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kawasaki Motors on, Hawks Win Again

Discussion in the The SoftBank Source forum
Kawasaki Motors on, Hawks Win Again
Yet again, the Fukuoka Softbank Hawks won by 1 run. This time it was super shortstop Munenori Kawasaki with the late-inning heroics, singling in what proved to be the game-winning run in the 7th inning as the Hawks dropped the Saitama Seibu Lions 3-2 at Seibu Dome on Friday.

Lefty ace Toshiya Sugiuchi went 8 innings and struck out 8 as the Hawks were able to rest their bullpen, but Sugiuchi later said, "I am not satisfied with the quality of my pitching, but I'm glad the team won." The spunky Lions kept mounting rallies against Sugiuchi (2 earned runs on 6 hits), but could not break him.

Hitoshi Tamura celebrated his 31st birthday in style with a 2-out RBI single in the 3rd, continuing his hot start, and American import Christopher Nitkowski notched his first save in Japan, continuing his superb start as well.

For the Lions, Craig Brazell did his part to try and spark the Seibu offense. He blasted his 3rd home run of the year, and also singled and scored on a sacrifice fly.

SOURCE: The Daily Yomiuri
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.