Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Late Return, Hawks Back to work against Yakult

Discussion in the The SoftBank Source forum
Late Return, Hawks Back to work against Yakult
Sorry for the late return everyone. I decided post-finals, a bit of an extended break was in order (after checking my grades, my GPA is still at 2.95. I need at least a 2.5 to go to Japan for spring 2011). Now I'm refreshed and hopeful that the Hawks can pull off the three-peat of the Interleague championship.

It hasn't started well. The Hawks were swept in their two-game series at Nagoya Dome against the Chunichi Dragons, with losses of 1-5 and 1-3. The Dragons' pitching was efficient on all fronts, as Kazuki Yoshimi and Wei-Yin Chen both kept the Hawks bats silent, as the only offense SoftBank got came on solo home runs from Kawasaki (3) and Tamura (7).

The Hawks hope to get back on the winning track and make some headway in the standings at Meiji Jingu Stadium against the Yakult Swallows.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.