Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

NPB Career RBI Leaders

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
NPB Career RBI Leaders
There are 79 players with at least 700 career RBIs, but I have only ID'ed 78. The missing one is in the 700 - 799 range. The ones I have are:

799-Tsutomu Ito          731-Seiji Sekiguchi
798-Akitoshi Kodama 722-Yasuaki Taihoh
785-Futoshi Nakanishi 708-Tomoaki Kanemoto
783-Norihiro Nakamura 708-Isao Shibata
781-Kinji Shimatani 707-Tuffy Rhodes
776-Jintan Haku 705-Yoshinori Hirose
753-Toru Sugiura 701-Shigeru Kurihashi
742-Kazuyoshi Tatsunami

This is driving me nuts, appreciate any help to ID this player/#. Thanks!

Mike Todd,
Yokosuka,Japan

Comments
Re: NPB Career RBI Leaders
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 2, 2003 10:41 AM | YBS Fan ]

According to this page, you're actually missing two:

785-Kazuo Horii
764-Isamu Fujii

I do hope that this doesn't throw things off for you. Perhaps some more search results [Google] should be checked to confirm this.

Also, the above link has Kodama hitting 788 RBIs, not 798. So you'll probably want to double check that figure with a third and/or fourth source to see where the typo is.
[ Author: Guest: Mike Todd | Posted: Mar 2, 2003 1:29 PM ]

Thank you for the new info, Robert! I will have to cross-check my entire list against the sources I used.

Mike
[ Author: Guest: Mike Todd | Posted: Mar 2, 2003 2:04 PM ]

Wow, I just checked Akichan's website, and she has a new list of all 258 players with 400 or more RBIs, plus active players with 300+! She shows Kodama with 788, as you indicated, Robert. Also, confirms the Horii and Fujii numbers you provided. She shows 80 players with 700+. My project just got easier. [Link]

Thanks again, Robert!

Mike
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.