Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Alex Ramirez 4 Consecutive Years With 100 RBI

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
Alex Ramirez 4 Consecutive Years With 100 RBI
Alex Ramirez of the Tokyo Yakult Swallows became just the 5th player in NPB history to have four consecutive seasons with 100 or more RBI, with his RBI in the first inning of the September 16th game against the Hiroshima Carp at Jingu Stadium. "I'm glad that I was able to achieve 100 RBI's, which was a goal that I set at the start of the season," Ramirez stated.

The only other four players to achieve four consecutive season's with 100 RBI were Sadaharu Oh, Koji Yamamoto, Katsuya Nomura, and Boomer Wells.

Original article from Nikkan Sports in Japanese.

His next target is to hit seven more home runs, which would give him four consecutive seasons with 30 or more home runs.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.