Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Iguchi Moters to New Pa Record, Ties Japan Record

Discussion in the Records and Milestones forum
Iguchi Moters to New Pa Record, Ties Japan Record
Daiei's Tadahito Iguchi has had three-hit games for five games in a row starting on June 3 against the BlueWave. In Japan, getting three hits or more in a game is referred to as "mou-da-shou" (sounds like "motor show"), which is literally translated as "super hit award." With five in a row, Iguchi surpasses Tuffy Rhodes (Kintetsu - 1997) and Michihiro Ogasawara (Nippon Ham - 2000) who shared the Pacific League record of four consecutive mou-da-shou.

Iguchi is now tied for the Japanese record of five consecutive mo-da-sho held by Chunichi's Michio Nishizawa who did the feat on August 3 - 8, 1954. That's a record that has stood alone for 49 years.

Iguchi will be facing the Lions' Matsuzaka this evening (June 9). He commented, "There's now way I'll be able to hit three (hits) off of Matsuzaka. But I'll try to get one more hit each time." (Not a literal translation.)

Over the last five games, Iguchi has hit 15 for 24 (.625) with 4 RBIs. Gambatte Iguchi!

Source: Nikkan Sports
Comments
Re: Iguchi Moters to New Pa Record, Ties Japan Record
[ Author: 1908 | Posted: Jun 9, 2003 11:32 AM | HT Fan ]

It's nice to see Iguchi finally living up to his potential.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.