Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

You are the Commish

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
You are the Commish
MudvilleMagazine recently had a writing contest entitled "You are the Commissioner." Basically, the contest involved writing what you would do if you were the commissioner of baseball. One thing that they didn't specify was which baseball commissioner, so I sent in an entry on what I would do if I were NPB's Commissioner (since I play Commissioner on this site).

My entry was about a topic I've written about a few times here, proposing a Pacific Rim League [Google of this site]. While the word limit was rather constraining (what I submitted had half as many words as my first draft), I think that the proposal turned out to be the best version so far.

While I didn't take either of the two prizes, they made a "Runner Up" prize for my entry as it was so close. (I entered to share my ideas with a broader audience more so than to win any prizes.) You can find it about 1/4th to 1/3rd of the way down this month's issue (check out the September 2003 issue in the archives if you're reading this after it's gone.)

At the bottom of the issue, there is also mention of Hanshin being "on the road to the Pacific League pennant." Oops. Think the editor got the Pacific League in his head from my article? Hopefully that'll be corrected soon.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.