Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Alex Cabrera on the Mitchell Report

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Alex Cabrera on the Mitchell Report
I just saw Alex Cabrera on the Mitchell Report. Does anyone know if this will affect him at all playing in Japan? Apparently they found a package addressed to him while playing for the the Diamondbacks which contained Winstrol (stanozolol), an injectable anabolic steroid.
Comments
Re: Alex Cabrera on the Mitchell Report
[ Author: Guest: bella | Posted: Dec 17, 2007 12:16 PM ]

Well, he is a free agent now, so I believe he won't play in Japan. Unless he doesn't find a team in North America.

By the way, I am sure, completely sure, he hasn't used any drug. I've know him since he was about 23 years old and he always has his body build. Of course now he looks more defined and big, but that is from working out.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Dec 20, 2007 1:05 PM ]

Well, if you read the book "Juiced" by Jose Canseco, you'll see that Canseco started using steroids in the minors when he was around 19 or 20 years old. So just because someone hasn't changed since age 23 doesn't really mean anything.

I don't know if Cabrera actually used steroids or not, but if I was a betting man I would bet that he did use at one time or another.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 22, 2008 12:52 AM ]

[Reviving old thread]

Who cares at what ages he used (if he did). The main point is I personally think he didn't use it. Time is gold and it will tell if he did it or not. I don't need to beat anything to know he didn't use them.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.