Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Release of Diamond Mind 2007 Japanese Season Disk

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
Release of Diamond Mind 2007 Japanese Season Disk
For those of you who own/play Diamond Mind Baseball, a computer replay/simulation game, I've created a database of the 2007 Japanese league season that works with the game. It took me about 10 days to put together using the statistics and data found on this website, JapaneseBaseball.com. I also pulled in some missing data (such as pitchers' complete games) from another Japanese Baseball website. I'm currently in the process of entering as-played lineups and will hopefully finish that project in the coming month or so.

You can download the game database (for free!) from my website [GeoCities]. Just click on the "Japanese" link at the top.

With a small amount of effort, I could probably create similar season databases for the Japanese 2003-2006 seasons, maybe a 1-day turn-around on each. I have the database and process in place.

Also on the website is an Access database of the 1995-2007 Japanese stats from this website. This Access database has the stats formatted into the same format as the Lahman database of Major League baseball stats. I needed the Japanese baseball stats in this format to load into the Diamond Mind game. Feel free to download this Access database. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten around to adding to this database the pitchers' complete games and some other data I gathered from other websites or from going through the season's box scores.
Comments
Re: Release of Diamond Mind 2007 Japanese Season Disk
[ Author: 2DBB08 | Posted: Jan 9, 2008 10:32 AM ]

Correction. I should proofread what I write. The two references in the original post to the "pitchers' complete games" should be a reference to "pitchers' games started." The pitchers' complete games are in the JapaneseBaseball.com database. I had to go to another website to gather the 2007 pitchers' games started. Sorry about the confusion.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.