Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

2012 Save Points Leaders?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
2012 Save Points Leaders?
With japanbaseballdaily running down, I can't find any source for 2012 save point leaders. The info isn't at the English-language NPB site. Does anyone have this data?
Comments
Re: 2012 Save Points Leaders?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Dec 18, 2012 10:49 AM | YBS Fan ]

The official site has Saves, Holds, and Hold Points. I've been looking for a definition of Save Points, but coming up empty in all of the usual places (Wikipedia Baseball Statistics and the numerous Sabermetrics books I have). If Save Points can be defined, I may be able to figure something out.
[ Author: Mischa | Posted: Dec 19, 2012 12:51 AM | TYS Fan ]

Saves plus relief wins, I'm pretty sure.
[ Author: meng | Posted: Dec 21, 2012 12:29 AM ]

I believe that save points were taken out of the official record before the 2005 season when the hold points statistic was created. This would be why the stat does not appear on the NPB website. However, since a player's hold points is the number of holds plus relief wins and a player's save points is the number of saves plus relief wins; save points are also equal the number of saves plus the number of hold points minus the number of holds. Thus it is easy to determine the stat prospectively.

League leaders

NAME | TEAM | SP | S | H | HP | RW || SP = S + HP - H
Hisashi Takeda | Fighters | 36 | 32 | 3 | 7 | 4 || 36 = 32 + 7 - 3
Kentaro Nishimura | Giants | 35 | 32 | 12 | 15 | 3 || 35 = 32 + 15 - 12

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.