Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Anthony Bourdain's

Discussion in the Media Guide forum
Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations"
I know, I know....it's a foodie show, not yakyu. In a recent episode, though, he goes to Osaka and hangs out with some Tigers fans at a Tigers bar, as well as actually going to a game. It was fun to watch!
Comments
Re: Anthony Bourdain
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Apr 16, 2006 2:18 PM | HAN Fan ]

Yeah that was great seeing that animated Hanshin crowd!
I just noticed that "Hillsy" is from Seattle as are other JapaneseBaseball.comers - "BigZamMan" and "Deanna". I live down the road in Tacoma. May I propose that we meet at the annual "Kobe Night with Mariners" game. Last year the program was packaged with "Pacific Rim Night".
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: Apr 16, 2006 3:05 PM | CLM Fan ]

You gave off the dyslexic version of my name. I'd be down for a meet, as long as the time is good. What time of the year is the Kobe Night event?
[ Author: Kiyoshi | Posted: Apr 16, 2006 11:45 PM | HAN Fan ]

sdnuoS doog - ooopps BigManZam. Last year it was on August 9th - I will check these following organizations for updates on the 2006 date - Seattle Mariners; Kobe/Seattle Sister City; Kobe Trade Information Office; Hyogo Culture Center; and the City of Seattle Office of Economic development
[ Author: hillsy | Posted: Apr 17, 2006 11:16 AM | CD Fan ]

Sounds like fun. Count me in. Do you work near Pioneer Sq? I'm down there for a Nihongo class quite a bit, and have seen a guy a few times wearing a Hanshin cap.
Re: Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations"
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Apr 25, 2006 10:13 AM | NIP Fan ]

I've been out of town a week so wasn't reading the forums. Anyway, I haven't seen any sort of Asian, Pacific Rim, Kobe, or any such promotion listed on the Mariners' site for this season yet, but I go to enough Mariners games that I'm almost always around and up for hanging out with people whenever! I'm probably even wandering down for tonight's White Sox game to see whether they make a big deal about Iguchi and Johjima.

I work pretty close to Pioneer Square, though the place I've seen a guy in a Hanshin cap wandering around has been up in Greenwood, oddly enough.

We should probably start up a "Seattle meet-up" thread somewhere separately, perhaps, since this has come up two or three times now.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.