Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Rakuten Eagles Internet Registry

Discussion in the Media Guide forum
Rakuten Eagles Internet Registry
Okay, I'll be the first to complain. The Rakuten Eagles are now asking that you complete a form and register before accessing their live content. While this may not seem like a big deal, many of us who enjoy their service are not proficient in Japanese and cannot read the instructions.

A big thumbs down to Rakuten for changing the rules in the middle of the game, so to speak. This change just went into effect before the Giants games, oddly enough.

Might I suggest someone on this forum who can read Japanese create a username and password for all who are interested here to use. Barring that, maybe someone is willing at least to e-mail me (and whoever else tunes in to see Eagles games) with instructions on setting up an account. As far as I can tell, Rakuten is not charging, though I may be in error.

To you Eagles, I say "boo."
Comments
Re: Rakuten Eagles Internet Registry
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 21, 2006 9:14 PM | YBS Fan ]

A quick rundown of the form, from top to bottom.

Mail Address - This asks for you to enter a vailid e-mail address twice. The second time is to try to catch mis-types.

User ID - Select either the first option, to use your e-mail address as your user ID, or the second option, where you may enter your own handle name for a user ID. They recommend the first option.

Password - Enter a password of at least 6 characters (standard alpha-numeric and some special characters, avoid characters not usually available to non-U.S. keyboards).

Secret Question - choose one of (in order):
  • Parents wedding anniversary
  • School graduated from
  • Favorite team name
  • Pet's name
  • Mother's maden name
  • Last 4 digits of driver's license number
  • Title of favorite movie
Answer to Secret Questions - The above selection will be sent to your e-mail address if you request your password (forgotten password feature). What you enter here is what the system will expect as a response.

There is then another section under the first section, this one with two rows in it. The first row asks for your Family Name and Given Name in Kanji (I don't know if it will accept alphabetic character or not.) The second row asks for the same in Katakana (again, I don't know if it does a character-set check, but since it's a required field, it may). If there is a check on the second part, try to copy the following (between quotes) to both of the second row's fields: "ア".

Next is the button to submit, followed by the EULA (End User License Agreement). I don't have the time to translate that, but basically you've just signed up for all Rakuten group sites (although there may be additional information necessary for some group sites). It does specifically forbit giving out user names/passwords to others, so it would not be a good idea for someone to do this. They also make no guarantees that any of the information you've provided will be safe.

I also notice that there is no check box to opt out of mailings. Assume the worst in that if you like.

Well, let us know how this goes.
[ Author: shockerfan34 | Posted: May 29, 2006 6:55 AM | HC Fan ]

Can anybody post a link to the registration page? I can't seem to find it.
[ Author: Michael | Posted: May 29, 2006 9:55 AM | CLM Fan ]

You can watch the games the next day or any day after it is played without having to register. Just go to the page were the games are at and follow these steps:
  1. Games with dates and results on the left with three red bars are archived full games.

2. Click the 2nd red bar to watch the game in full. The other two bars are pre and post game shows.
They keep their current home stand on archived viewing until the next one starts to replace that archive.

It is much easier then trying to register.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.