Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hawks Net Broadcast

Discussion in the Media Guide forum
Hawks Net Broadcast
As of 6 PM Japan Time, those of you wishing to view the March 1st game against the Chunichi Dragons at Fukuoka Yahoo Dome over the internet, the link is finally up now.

First of all, go to the Softbank Hawks Official Homepage, then click on the banner near the top with the words "LIVE!" in a red bubble next to a satellite dish picture.

Next, click on the "100K", next to a small TV icon, in a yellow colored text box. (Windows Media Player is necessary)

I'm having trouble connecting, probably because of popularity.

(westbaystars-san, if you want to remove this post for a better explanation, please do so)
Comments
Re: Hawks Net Broadcast
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 3, 2005 6:13 PM | YBS Fan ]

This explanation works well. I'm watching the Hawks vs. Carp right now (March 3, just after 6:00 pm).

I believe that when the stream is available that it will always be up at the following link:

Hawks Live

Unlike Comedy Central and several other sites, they made the stream a direct link - not a plug-in, so I'm able to view it with the Open Source Video Lan Client player.

Thank you Softbank for doing this right.
ARIGATO!!!!
[ Author: 20X6!! | Posted: Mar 7, 2005 7:03 AM | FSH Fan ]

THANK YOU WESTBAY SAN for uploading the link! Last night (10pm Central Time) I watched a full Hawks game taking place at my former Dome away from home in Fukuoka, and it was GREAT! It was very natsukashii - seeing the Fukuoka - I mean - YAHOO! Dome and watching the Hawks lose (to the Giants - GRRRR) just like their pre-1999 era.

And I see they STILL refuse to open the darn roof.... I thought maybe with a new company not losing money they might afford the electric bill (which is why they stopped opening and closing regularly).

Again DOMO ARIGATO GOZARIMASU
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Mar 28, 2005 8:40 AM ]

is this link open for all Hawks games ?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 31, 2005 8:46 AM | YBS Fan ]

All home games, to the best of my knowledge. And, they are not requiring registration to watch. Great job, Hawks!
[ Author: Guest | Posted: May 22, 2005 3:36 PM ]

Yes, many thanks to you and the Hawks. I am currently enjoying watching Hawks-Tigers in the middle of the night in New York. But it is worth it!

Are you sure it is only home games? It would be great to see every game, but I suppose beggars can't be choosers...

Thanks again for the link.
[ Author: Guest: John Brooks | Posted: Jul 28, 2005 7:15 PM ]

I really hope Yahoo Broadcasting, the company doing the broadcasting for the Hawks games didn't end their service, but that's what it seems like here. This would be such a disappointment if they have canceled their broadcast service.

That would explain to me why I been having such a hard time tuning in to the games. Because I trying tuning in with Windows Media Player to no avail, saving it to desktop, and then playing it to Real Player w/no success.

http://broadcast.yahoo.co.jp/
[ Author: Guest: Brian T. | Posted: Aug 1, 2005 8:12 AM ]

The games are still on. I watched the Hawks-Marines game last night. Windows Media Player works fine.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Aug 1, 2005 6:22 PM ]

Yes, the games are most definitely still on. Although the Hawks were destroyed by the Marines on Sunday, I must say it was a somewhat entertaining affair. Matsunaka hit his league-leading 35th HR and Benny was ejected, which I hadn't seen before.

As an aside, I routinely have a *much* harder time connecting to Seibu's webcasts. It seems that no matter which link I try, it almost never connects. I have never had a problem connecting to FSH games.
[ Author: Guest: Skinz | Posted: Aug 2, 2005 12:41 AM ]

Just watched the Hawks-Fighters game this morning. They got shutdown by Lee and fighters won 4-0. Batista tried to do a leaping catch but failed bad and that was the only highlight for me. One thing I find in Japanese baseball is that the crowd chantings make the game more entertaining. Seeing pop ups after pop ups without any music feels boring like in MLB. I actually wait to hear each players song.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.