Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Avg. Salary/ Minimum Salary?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Avg. Salary/ Minimum Salary?
I was wondering, what is the average salary for a NPB player? Also does NPB have a minimum salary like the MLB does?

Thanks.
Comments
Re: Avg. Salary/ Minimum Salary?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Feb 13, 2008 10:38 PM | YBS Fan ]

The minimum salary is around 450-man (4,500,000) yen for those on the 70 man roster. It is 240-man for those on the educational roster.

As for the average salary, I didn't see it in Deanna's Money Riceball article. And there had been a number of major signings since then anyway.

Bring this subject back up in a couple of weeks, after I've had time to enter all of this information (I'm about half way done). There are a few studies on salaries if you search the archives a bit - mostly around February and March of each year.

If you're impatient and want are willing to use the current data, go through the teams roster pages. There's a table for the team's salaries on each one. (But beware, I'm finding and fixing occasional entry errors as I go through and double check against Shukan Baseball's Player Meikan.)
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.