Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Lin's Status?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Lin's Status?
Anyone happen to know Lin's (Tigers) status? I seem to remember hearing he would miss at least the first half of the season, but I'm hoping it's not any worse than that. It's a shame with the injury, as when he was finally given a chance last year he quickly proved his worth.
Comments
Re: Lin's Status?
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Apr 10, 2008 9:24 PM | HAN Fan ]

Lin is still recuperating and is not expected back before June at the earliest.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 11, 2008 8:37 AM ]

Too bad. He was starting to be one of my favorite Tigers. Even if he can join the top team this year, there's not much room for him with Arai at first now. I guess he would be relegated to pinch hitting and/or platooning with Ford in right. But at least having another lefty on the bench might keep the bat out of Hiyama's hands more!
[ Author: firearmofmutiny | Posted: Apr 16, 2008 7:40 AM | CD Fan ]

Hanshin's going to be scary once Lin comes back. They're doing quite well without him thus far.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Apr 17, 2008 12:34 PM | HT Fan ]

And Jeff Williams, for that matter.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 21, 2008 5:43 PM ]

So what do Tigers fans out there think should happen with Lin when he comes back? Take over in right? Platoon with Ford? There is a lot of lefty power in that line-up, but I guess if he comes back in good condition #5 is a good choice. But that gives us Kanemoto - Lin - Toritani, so 3 lefties in a row wouldn't work. Getting to be a crowded line-up, but that's a good problem to have!

In any case, due to the severity of Lin's surgery, I don't see him being an everyday starter right away, of course.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Apr 22, 2008 7:40 AM | HAN Fan ]

Lin will start as DH against Nippon Ham if everything goes to plan. Tigers' management are not planning to rush his return and take it step by step. They are trying to avoid another Hamanaka situation.

No. 5 would be a good place for him given that this position is not filled. Currently when Katsuragi plays they have three lefties in a row, so I don't see it as so much of a problem.
[ Author: Guest: gotigersredsox | Posted: Apr 22, 2008 7:48 PM ]

I had forgotten that inter-league play is just around the corner. That will give the Tigers a chance to use Lin little by little.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.