Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Darwin Cubillan in Korea

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Darwin Cubillan in Korea
How can I find current Darwin's stats in Korea? Any English web sites? I have read some information about his performances, but not his record over there. Thanks a lot.
Comments
Re: Darwin Cubillan in Korea
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 15, 2008 11:01 PM | YBS Fan ]

For the time being, learning a little Korean will take you a long way. I've been teaching myself how to read the Korean stats recently, so let me share some of my findings.

First of all, here is Darwin's page on the official KBO site.

Next, the stats below his picture (header starts with "2008") are as follows:
Team   ERA     G    CG   SO    W  L  S     BS?      HD   W%    TB    
SK 12.86 3 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0.333 36

PC IP K H HR Sac BB/HB WHIP IBB WP BK R ER
156 7 3 8 1 2 8 2.29 0 1 0 10 10
I'm not 100% sure about 블론세이브 being Blown Saves. Is there anybody who can read Korean that can verify?

Nonetheless, the table below that is his career stats for selected fields. You can safely ignore that one.

Below that is a series of buttons that control the table below. By default, it shows the second button, Darwin's latest five games. (As of this writing, he only has 3 games on the season.)

While I take every opportunity to learn something new, it really isn't necessary to learn Korean to get the information you're looking for. I hope that this helps.
[ Author: nanbanjin | Posted: Apr 17, 2008 3:38 AM | HAN Fan ]

블론세이브 is definitely "Blown Save".
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 23, 2008 9:26 PM ]

The same for Jose Lima, please. Lima stats in Korea this season.
[ Author: Guest: Marc | Posted: Apr 23, 2008 10:44 PM ]

Lima's been horrific. I believe his ERA is somewhere over 20.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.