Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Kenshin Kawakami's Status?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Kenshin Kawakami's Status?
Does anyone know Kawakami's status? On his bio page, it says the Dragons dropped him on April 11 due to illness. What happened?
Comments
Re: Kenshin Kawakami's Status?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 21, 2008 11:15 AM | YBS Fan ]

All the reports I'd seen had been very vague. It wasn't even clear if it was an illness or if he was having some sort of physical problem. The original reason for his drop was "体調不良" which can be translated in many ways, illness being one, physical problems another.

A couple days after he was dropped to ni-gun, he was working out playing catch and said that it was nothing. But even he wouldn't elaborate on it.

I'm sure one of the sleazy weekly magazines will come up with an explanation for it soon.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 21, 2008 11:49 PM | YBS Fan ]

This SpoNichi article states that while Chunichi hasn't given a reason for Kawakami's drop to ni-gun on the 11th, observers think that there may be something wrong with the adductor in his right leg. Still, nothing official.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Apr 23, 2008 11:37 PM | NIP Fan ]

Kenshin pitched in tonight's Hanshin-Chunichi game in relief - just the 8th inning. Gave up a home run to Arai. I haven't seen anything yet about his status beyond that, though.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Apr 23, 2008 11:55 PM | YBS Fan ]

SpoNichi mentions that Kawakami was reactivated today (April 23, 2008). However, the article (in Japanese) also states that the Dragons continue to refuse to shed light on what Kawakami's injury was.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.