Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Japanese Uniforms

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Japanese Uniforms
What are the Japanese pro Yakyu uniforms made of?
Comments
Re: Japanese Uniforms
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Sep 30, 2001 3:45 PM ]

I've always wondered about that also. I don't have the answer, but I do have another question. What ever became of the Buffaloes' alternate red uniforms. I thought it was a great concept to take a page out of the Major Leagues and adopt an alternate uniform. Now that Hanshin and Daiei have strictly gone to wearing one cap, it's a bit disappointing to see no variety or creativity in the Japanese baseball fashion world.
Re: Japanese Uniforms
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Oct 5, 2001 3:17 AM ]

where can i get japanese jerseys?
Where to get jersys
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 5, 2001 8:30 AM | YBS Fan ]

Maybe I need to put side bars a little higher on my agenda, and this is a FAQ.

Hmm. I was sure I had an article or two on this, but I can't seem to find one. OK, you want to head over to the Yakyu Shop for caps and jerseys. It's one of those businesses that started out as a hobby until it overwhelmed the hobbiest.

And speaking of the Yakyu Shop, they've offered to sponsor a contest/give away for the Nihon Series. However, due to the recent vandalism to the site, I need to come up with an alternative, safer method than I was planning, so things are a little behind schedule. (Man, these guys had lousy timing.) Anyway, I'll have more on that when it's ready.

[And, I do plan on getting to the other two questions above as well. Really.]
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.