Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Schedule & Team/Game Recco

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Schedule & Team/Game Recco
I'll be making a return trip to Tokyo next Spring and was interested in seeing a game while there. I have already been to the Tokyo Dome to see the Ham Fighters and the Yakult Swallows in their park. So I'm looking at either the Seibu Lions or Chiba Lotte Marines. If staying in Central Tokyo (most likely Shibuya or Shinjuku), is one easier/faster to get to than the other? Does one venue provide a better overall experience? I will be taking my 9 year old son and most likely getting tickets in the bleachers/outfield so he can take in all the cheering that goes on out there.

My other question is when will the 2020 season schedule be released?

Thanks for any insights and feedback.
Comments
Re: Schedule & Team/Game Recco
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Nov 11, 2019 10:07 PM | YBS Fan ]

I have the 2020 schedule up on the other site that I run, JapanBall Tickets.

Shibuya and Shinjuku are on the western side of Tokyo, so access to MetLife Dome (formerly Seibu Dome) is the closer of the two. Take the Yamanote Line north to Ikebukuro then change to the Seibu Lion which heads out that way. You will most likely have one more transfer, across to the other side of the platform, at Nishi-Tokorozawa. Follow the people in Lions' uniforms and you'll get there.

Personally, though, I think the experience in Chiba is the best, especially if you want to be in the oendan. Getting out to Chiba will add about 30 minutes to your trip. But nothing could be better than an afternoon game under the sun with the most energetic cheering section in Japan.

The last thing you'll want to take into consideration is that we get a lot of spring rains. The dome out in Tokorozawa will help assure you get to take in a game. Weather is the one wildcard which is impossible to predict.

Hope this help.

Enjoy the trip!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.