Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

The Last Best League (Cap Cod League)

Discussion in the Book Reviews forum
The Last Best League (Cap Cod League)
Hey guys, I just got done reading this great book about players in the Cape Cod League in the summer of 2002. It's called The Last Best League, and the author followed around one of the teams all summer and wrote about the individual players and their dreams of playing pro ball. It's really cool to see how current big leaguers (Chris Iannetta of the Rockies, Tim Stauffer of the Padres, and local guy Jamie D'Antona over here in Japan playing for the Yakult Swallows) were before they made it big. Anyway, just thought I'd share it with you. I highly recommend giving it a read, you won't regret it.
Comments
Re: Great Book About Baseball
[ Author: Guest: baseballjunkie | Posted: Aug 4, 2009 2:16 AM ]

Yeah, I've heard of that one. A friend of mine read it, and said it was really good and entertaining. The author is Jim Collins(?) i think. I'll have to find it and read it
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.