Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Team `DH` not in Teams Table

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Team `DH` not in Teams Table
There are a few players listed with a team of "DH" (Hideyuki Mifune is one), but this team is not listed in the Teams table in the data section. Is this supposed to be team "FDH" (Fukuoka Hawks)?

Thank you,
matt tag
Comments
Re: Team `DH` not in Teams Table
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 20, 2005 8:48 AM | YBS Fan ]

Thank you for catching that error. A quick cross check with those players on the PlayerInfo table shows that the pitchers weren't playing for Daiei for known years, so I'll have to go through them against paper tables this evening after work.

Are you trying to set up a database with FOREIGN KEYs? As you can tell, I didn't define foreign keys when I started the database many years ago. That would have prevented this problem.

Thanks again for the catch.
Re: Team `DH` not in Teams Table
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Sep 21, 2005 12:00 AM | YBS Fan ]

Going through the Encyclopedia, I find that all of the "DH" players were, in fact, playing for Daiei at the time, so FDH would have been correct.

This was data I had entered into the original database back in 1996, and I think that Daiei's team code was "DH" back then. I had updated it for most tables after changing it, but apparently missed the Batting table.

Thanks again for pointing out the problem. A major reason for releasing the data is to get these kinds of problems resolved. I really appriciate it when inconsistencies are found.

For reference, the players that have been updated are:
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.