Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Video Clips Added

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Video Clips Added
I've added a number of video clips that I took at a ni-gun game between Shonan SeaRex and Lotte last season. They're all in QuickTime format - so you'll need that plugin. I've also only tested on Phoenix (Mozilla), so I need some feedback from you if they aren't being displayed properly. Browser and operating system names that have trouble would be helpful.

Also, are they too large? Take too much time to load? Would a photo only be better? Click on a photo for the video? I need your feedback to better the design.

So, the players that I've got so far are:

Do you have a DV of a game you can send me, with footage similar to these? I'd be happy to reimburse shipping costs (or meet with you if you're in the Kanto area).

Legalese: I am not a layer, but I do read a lot about Internet law. It is my understanding that images of players can be used under "fair use" guidelines for non-profit fan web sites. To protect those running this site (me) and any who send photos/videos, it is necessary to claim copyright of the independent images to said non-profit organization (JapaneseBaseball.com). Sending me photos and videos waves your rights to any copyright of the images. I would like to then make all images (photo or video) on this site available to any non-profit site or individual free of charge provided that they site JapaneseBaseball.com as the source. (Seems reasonable, right?) By sending me any images, you are in effect stating agreement to the above terms and conditions.

What does all of that mean? If you want to put one of the videos on your personal home page, go ahead and write where you got it from. If you want to put one on ESPN's, MLB's, your local newspaper's web site, or a book you are writing, sorry. You need written permission from NPB to do so, and unless I can verify that you have it, you may not use the images. And anybody sending me an image says that they think that all of this is reasonable.

Unpleasant, I know. But I've had some people send me copyrighted photos before. As much as I appriciate the gesture, I play within the rules. I just want to make sure that everyone knows what the rules are.

Well, what are you waiting for? Let me know how to make this better. And find those old DV's of the games you went to!

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.