Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Brian Sikorski Bio

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Brian Sikorski Bio
Brian Patrick Sikorski (born 27th July 1974 in Detroit, Michigan) is a baseball relief pitcher who plays for the Tokyo Yakult Swallows franchise in Japan.

Although Sikorski made his MLB debut in 2000, he didn't play another game in the big leagues until 2006. He played professional baseball in Japan for five years, until 2005 for the Yomiuri Giants. He currently holds the Japanese record for most appearances.

The Cleveland Indians acquired Sikorski in a trade July 18, 2006, by sending right-handed pitcher Mike Adams to the San Diego Padres. On May 17, 2007, Sikorski's contract was sold to the Swallows.

Sikorski attended Western Michigan University and obtained a degree in criminology. Brian was drafted in the fourth round of the 1995 amateur entry draft by the Houston Astros.
Comments
Re: Brian Sikorski Bio
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Aug 22, 2007 9:11 AM | YBS Fan ]

I've committed this bio except for the line:
He currently holds the Japanese record for most appearances.
I think that needs to be quantified in some way. I couldn't find him listed anywhere near the leaders for all time appearances. Nor for most appearances in a single season. Nor most consecutive appearances (which I suppose is possible for having done this season - I'd need to go through his game logs).

What is the source for this statement?
Re: Brian Sikorski Bio
[ Author: Mischa | Posted: Aug 24, 2007 6:46 AM | TYS Fan ]

That whole bio was copied and pasted from wikipedia, which is widely known for their plethora of errors.

There is a much more comprehensive bio at the BR Bullpen.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.