Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Old Thread Alert

Discussion in the Administrative forum
Old Thread Alert
This problem was mentioned a while back in the topic, Post To Old Threads, and I commend the Old Thread Warning, since I suggested something like it in the 2006 topic, though my beef is the old Bobby Rose topic going on over in the Ask the Commish forum. I understand how the topic was relevant in 2001 when people were wondering where Rose went, but is it really relevant to have numerous updates about every personal detail of Rose after Japan?

I'm not trying to nitpick or anything, though I just wanted to get that rant off my chest. Once again numerous thanks for the great website.
Comments
Re: Old Thread Alert
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 3, 2008 11:05 AM | YBS Fan ]

In kind of both agree and disagree with you on this one.

It does seem rather odd that we keep getting updated on minor details of some former players' lives - Rose in particular. Is it people looking for fame by association?

On the other hand, it's good to know what some of these former players are doing and where they've gone after their baseball careers. I'm sure that there are several people (a hand full at most) who really appreciate these updates. It's a niche subject (Where are They Now?) within niche market (Pro Yakyu).

Overall, the potential for good (someone doing a documentary on Pro Yakyu being able to find old players, or even JapaneseBaseball.com getting in contact with Rose for an interview) seems to outweigh the bad (boring 99% of you with an update that doesn't concern you).
Re: Old Thread Alert
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Oct 4, 2008 3:52 PM | HT Fan ]

Perhaps a Where are they now? type forum for former NPB players is in order.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.