Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

WBC Forum?

Discussion in the Administrative forum
WBC Forum?
Should there be an entire sub-forum devoted to WBC? Or should all WBC related posts still be delegated to the Open Talk sub-forum? I noticed there were quite a few topics about the WBC this year, and maybe having all the posts under one sub-forum might make it easier to search? Westbaystars-san, what's your opinion on the matter?
Comments
Re: WBC Forum?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Mar 25, 2009 4:56 PM | YBS Fan ]

Posting various news articles, I've also run into this issue. Some WBC articles cover two Asian teams. Others just one. Still others focus on one, but mention others. Where do they go? And I've been scattering them all over the place. The same with the Olympics.

The reason I hadn't created a new forum for them is because the only come around every four years. During their year, they're a pain to classify, I agree

In the site redesign that I'm working on, "tags" (like on GMail and Blogger) will help to classify articles in multiple categories. I had hope to have the redesign done by January. Then March. Then Opening Day. Now the All-Star Break is my goal as I just don't have any time to work on it.

The current set of tags that I'm working with are:
    NPB
    KBO
    CPBL
    CBL
    MLB
    High School
    Independents
    Amateur
    Olympics
    WBC
I then want to break many of these down into sub-categories. So Central League and Pacific League under NPB, and the various teams under those. The teams under KBO, CPBL, CPBL, High School, etc. Then players would be tagged as well. Finally, there would be one big giant index page to track down all comments and/or articles on just about any topic (tag).

Usability has suffered long enough. I agree that being able to track down the WBC articles is important enough to create a new forum for them. But such a forum probably won't be used for another 4 years after next week. I just fear that it's too late to fix the problem for this WBC.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.