Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Other NPB Players Who May be Posted

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Other NPB Players Who May be Posted
Of course all eyes are on Matsuzaka. However, some baseball radio talk shows talk about Kuroda of the Carp and Igawa of the Tigers as possible bargin pitchers who may get posted. Also Iwamura, the third baseman of the Swallows.

Are they MLB potential? Or is this just radio talk?
Comments
Re: Other NPB Players Who May be Posted
[ Author: Mischa | Posted: Oct 27, 2006 10:32 AM | TYS Fan ]

As has been discussed in other threads, Kuroda's a free agent so he doesn't need to be posted. Both he and Iwamura should draw interest from MLB teams, IMO. You could argue that Kuroda is coming off a better year than Matsuzaka, FWIW.
[ Author: Sara B | Posted: Oct 27, 2006 4:35 PM | HT Fan ]

If Igawa came to the Seattle Mariners, I do think I could happily call it a life and climb into the coffin (after seeing a few games, of course). This belongs in the Rumor Mill, natch, but - any odds of Kei-kamisama making his way to Safeco Field?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Oct 28, 2006 12:36 AM | SFT Fan ]

- This belongs in the Rumor Mill, natch, but - any odds of Kei-kamisama making his way to Safeco Field?

So far all I have heard is that if Seattle loses out on Matsuzaka will they intend to go after Igawa. Seeing as Hanshin said they don't intend to post Igawa and he is not a free agent for a while, don't expect on anything happening since Hanshin is at no dire needs of money.

Plus, the rumors are saying that the Braves are the key players for Kei Igawa. [FOX Sports]

Also, the Braves have sent Pacific Rim scout, Phil Dale to the region numerous times to watch Igawa this year. If he were posted I see Atlanta as the favorites.

Also worth noting is that Hanshin and Atlanta have a working agreement, but that has no effect should he be posted, as it is the winning or highest bid where Igawa lands.
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Oct 28, 2006 8:39 AM | NIP Fan ]

You know, I was about to post, "As a Tigers fan, aren't you concerned about them losing Igawa?"

Then I realized it'd be funnier to say, "As a Tigers fan, you'd really rather see him playing elsewhere, wouldn't you?"
[ Author: Sara B | Posted: Oct 31, 2006 11:48 AM | HT Fan ]

I hadn't checked this thread for a while so I missed Deanna's funny riposte, evidently to me.

Of course, I'm delighted to see Kei Igawa continue in the Tiger pinstripes that flatter his figure so. But since I only get to Japan about once a year for live games, it's rare for me to see him in person. The closest MLB team to my home of Vancouver is the Mariners, so that's why I'd be happy to see Igawa in Seattle - playing alongside Ichiro and Johjima, WOW. I also feel Okada-kantoku has not always used Igawa wisely in the Hanshin rotation, and that's frustrating to me.

Anyway, he's a terrific pitcher, a great-looking guy, and I'll follow him no matter where he plays and what he is wearing!
[ Author: Guest: JOE KALESNIK | Posted: Oct 27, 2006 9:54 PM ]

So if he is a free agent, does he want to come to MLB? I don't even know his stats. They didn't mention if he was a left for right handed pitcher.

Of course, the great thing about signing a FA from NPB is the MLB club pays no penalty. for example, if the Mets were to sign Zito from the A's they own them (A's) compensation.
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Oct 27, 2006 10:24 PM | YBS Fan ]

I guess you haven't discovered the Teams or Players links on every page yet. You can quickly check the 2006 Hiroshima page and click on Kuroda to find his stats, and even that he's right handed. I've even entered most 2006 stats now, months earlier than I've been able to do in previous years.

I guess that after all this effort I make to make this information available, I'm not doing a very good job at making it easy to find.
[ Author: Guest: JOE KALESNIK | Posted: Oct 28, 2006 3:43 AM ]

A lot of times when I hit on a "thread" my Internet provider cuts me off half way through any search item. I have limited cookies. A lot of messages will come up with "There is too much information to show" or "Unable to show." Last year when you were doing the Japan Series game by game I would always be stopped at the 4th or 5th inning.

This holiday I expect a new HD computer with mega bytes for high speed so I may enjoy more of your product. It's just a case of available money. I have MSN as my provider.
OT: Player Profiles and Stats
[ Author: KJOKBASEBALL | Posted: Oct 28, 2006 4:23 PM | HT Fan ]

- I guess that after all this effort I make to make this information available, I'm not doing a very good job at making it easy to find.

I just wanted to say I noticed the 2006 stats, and I appreciate very much the effort to get them completed so soon.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.