Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Hillman To Leave Fighters After Season

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Hillman To Leave Fighters After Season
Nippon Ham Fighters manager, Trey Hillman, will leave the Fighters after the season [Japan Ball] citing he would like to be closer to his family.

Hillman took over as the Fighters manager back in 2003. He led them to a Nippon Series win over the Chunichi Dragons last year. As of Saturday, Hillman has a 337-312-13 record as manager.
Comments
Re: Hillman To Leave Fighters After Season
[ Author: Deanna | Posted: Sep 10, 2007 1:07 AM | NIP Fan ]

All I can really say about this one is shinjirarenai.

If Shinjo replaces him as manager, I'm finding a new team to follow, though.

I'm sad about Yukio retiring, though it's really not unexpected.
Re: Hillman To Leave Fighters After Season
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Sep 10, 2007 11:53 PM | SFT Fan ]

- If Shinjo replaces him as manager, I'm finding a new team to follow, though.

I doubt the Fighters would ever make Shinjo manager. While I like Shinjo, he just isn't serious enough in my opinion to ever manage.

- I'm sad about Yukio retiring, though it's really not unexpected.

Yeah, he was only around for his 2,000th hit. Now that he's reached that, it was expected that he wouldn't be retained for 2008. Though the good news is that he will be brought back by the Fighters as a batting instructor next year.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.