Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Mariners Sign Suda

Discussion in the Nichi-Bei forum
Mariners Sign Suda
The Seattle Mariners have signed teenage pitcher, Kenta Suda, to a minor league contract.

Suda, 18, played with the NOMO Baseball Club last season. The signing took place in late November.

Source: Japan Ball
Comments
Re: Mariners Sign Suda
[ Author: Guest: Pip | Posted: Dec 30, 2007 7:54 PM ]

The Braves signed a high schooler a few months ago, too. Is there any way of getting info on these guys?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jan 4, 2008 2:27 PM | SFT Fan ]

This page [NOMO Baseball Club - in Japanese] has some basic information on Suda.

As I mentioned above, he's 18 years old and can throw up to 95 mph.
[ Author: torakichi | Posted: Jan 5, 2008 5:47 PM | HT Fan ]

They must have removed Suda pretty quickly from that page, 'cos there's no Suda listed there now.
[ Author: Guest: piper | Posted: Jan 11, 2008 12:06 PM ]

I looked at the transaction section and I don't see any mention of this on the Seattle Mariners website. Are you sure it was Seattle?
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Jan 12, 2008 4:03 AM | SFT Fan ]

If you read the article it says he signed with Seattle. As is the case with many of these transactions involving amateur players via Asia, the MLB.com website usually doesn't report them as they go under the radar.
[ Author: Guest: pipers | Posted: Jan 12, 2008 10:49 AM ]

Thanks JB, I actually found a few articles on the net regarding this signing. It will be interesting to see where Suda ranks on the Baseball America top prospects list for the Mariners.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.