Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Australian Baseball League To Debut In 2010

Discussion in the Baseball Asia forum
Australian Baseball League To Debut In 2010
On 2009-8-12 Baseball de World wrote:
America's Major League Baseball is big backer of bold plans to have a new Australian national league up and running by November 2010.

[Full Article: http://baseballdeworld.com/2009/08/australian-baseball-league-to-debut-in-2010/]
Comments
Re: Australian Baseball League To Debut In 2010
[ Author: Jbroks86 | Posted: Aug 16, 2009 9:33 PM | SFT Fan ]

This is excellent news that Australia has got a professional league again. It gives native-born Australians more exposure to MLB scouts and adds more diversity to the game. I think that NPB ought to be doing something like this with amateur baseball in Taiwan or South Korea, Michael is their any example of a team doing something like that in either of those countries? I know NPB sent some minor league teams to play the Chinese All Stars a while back, but cooperation with amateur/minor league baseball in Taiwan and South Korea could be a benefit for baseball in all three countries. Your thoughts, Michael?
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.