Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Strategic Baseball Simulator

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Strategic Baseball Simulator
I play to SBS (Strategic Baseball Simulator). I like playing the Japanese seasons. In the game you can insert a simple Jpg or BMP photo of ballparks, but they need to be taken from behind home plate. Does anyone have any link(s) to Japanese Baseball Stadiums? A Google image search hasn't provided much to work with. Thanks for any help.

I realize SBS isn't exactly a video game, but I'm a statistics buff and like the game.
Comments
Re: Strategic Baseball Simulator
[ Author: Mischa | Posted: Jan 11, 2007 10:25 AM | TYS Fan ]

> I play to SBS (Strategic Baseball Simulator). I like
> playing the Japanese seasons. In the game you can
> insert a simple Jpg or BMP photo of ballparks, but
> they need to be taken from behind home plate. Does
> anyone have any link(s) to Japanese Baseball
> Stadiums? A Google image search hasn't provided much
> to work with. Thanks for any help.
>
> I realize SBS isn't exactly a video game, but I'm a
> statistics buff and like the game.

I can't help with this one, but am glad you like the seasons I've done. Due to the shoddy library system, you might not be aware of all of them - I have done 1966, 1994-2000 and 2002-2005. I did the 1964 Central but not the Pacific. 2001 is half-done (awaiting fielding stats for one league) and 2006 is about halfway ready. I'll post here and at the SBS forums when 2006 is good to go.

Good luck with finding stadium pictures.

[ Author: Brimsek | Posted: Jan 11, 2007 10:13 PM | HNHF Fan ]

Thanks for the reply. And thanks for all your work in putting together the Japanese seasons! Currently I'm replaying 2004 as Nippon Ham and 1964 as Yomiuri.

Also thanks for working on other seasons -- especially 2006 (<-- I'll be watching for that as a Nippon Ham Fan). I plan to download the rest of the Japanese seasons and replay them too.

Any thoughts on doing more historical seasons? 1936 would be super! Of course I know it's a lot of work and have no idea how readily available the information is. So I'm very grateful for the work you've done!
[ Author: Mischa | Posted: Jan 14, 2007 9:46 AM | TYS Fan ]

> Any thoughts on doing more historical seasons? 1936
> would be super! Of course I know it's a lot of work
> and have no idea how readily available the
> information is. So I'm very grateful for the work
> you've done!

Fielding stats are the hard-to-find part. I've covered every season I can find fielding stats for. Someone was supposed to send me 1979 a while ago, but it hasn't arrived. I keep hoping some site will put them up or some English-language book with them will come out. This is the big problem with many international leagues.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.