Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Import Games (US to Japan)

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Import Games (US to Japan)
I'm pretty convinced that I'm going to want to play MLB 2K7 for PS3 when it comes out. But, I live in Tokyo now, so I'll have to import the game from US.

Does anybody know of any stores in Tokyo that carry US games? Until now, I really don't know why they would, what with region protection...but since PS3 is region free, there's a chance.

I'm guessing that rather than a big electronic store like Bic Camera, etc., this will be a smaller shop that you kind of need to stumble upon.

Basically, if I can get games without paying for shipping, or waiting for shipping, bonus. If not, oh well. If anyone happens to know of some place, let me know. Thanks!
Comments
Re: Import Games (US to Japan)
[ Author: Yakulto | Posted: Feb 8, 2007 3:37 PM | TYS Fan ]

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-ze-49-en-70-1spa.html

Free shipping to Japan. Takes about a week to get here. Never had any troubles with them at all.
[ Author: soxxxx | Posted: May 3, 2007 2:18 AM ]

You can also just download OOTP2007 from ootpdevelopments.com , its not a PS3 game, computer only but fully customizable, with historical or fictional leagues possible. American Lahman and a custom Japanese databases are available.
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: May 5, 2007 12:52 PM | SFT Fan ]

You don't have to import the game from the United States. If you can read some Japanese, then they have MLB 2K7 there, it just has Chien-Ming Wang on the cover, rather than Derek Jeter.

I still don't like the cover, though, because they both have Yankees on them. Makes me wanna puke and wretch.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.