Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

List of Bugs and Konami's Response

Discussion in the Video Games forum
List of Bugs and Konami's Response
I emailed Konami about these bugs and really let them have it. I have a feeling they've received a ton of angry emails and calls lately. Famitsu also totally ruined their rep with me for rating the PS3 version 9998 and giving the PS2 version 8888 scores. Here are known bugs so far...

-CPU runner advances to second base when you throw to the second base cut off man. Can be avoided if you throw to second base directly when the computer gets a lead off single.

-There is supposed to be an issue with saving Maji Pennant and created players on PS3. I don't quite understand it. I think it randomly corrupts data and erases. Yikes.

-When using the control pad to bat, the cursor goes down to the bottom when the computer checks a runner. Press L2 during the windup to reset it back to normal.

-Of course the framerate issues especially on PS3. PS2 version only has framerate problems during bases loaded and bunt situations.

-Guys in Japan are going crazy about a fatigue bug during Maji Pennant, but I'm playing that right now. They say that fatigue increases even if you don't play guys. It's true that fatigue for the bullpen is more strict this year, but you just have to wisely rest pitchers and be aware of off days. I'm not having much of a problem right now, but that's because I've learned how to rest players properly.

As far as Konami's response, the email I got back said that they're currently looking into the situation with how things got messed up. The Konami rep who emailed me said that they'd contact me again in the future about how to reconcile things. So hopefully that means they'll actually address the issues, create a patch, or give me my money back.

I basically told them that I was really disappointed in the bugs and thought that Konami was a better company than that. Also told them that I felt that all the customers were swindled and they should officially apologize to everyone. As of now, the official site hasn't been updated once since the release of the game. This just added to my anger, so I felt compelled to write a couple letters to Konami demanding answers. Hopefully things get worked out soon.
Comments
Re: List of Bugs and Konami's Response
[ Author: Guest: ?? | Posted: Apr 8, 2007 1:30 PM ]

Are these bugs PS3 version only? Or both PS2 and PS3?
[ Author: Guest: Ravman | Posted: Apr 8, 2007 11:46 PM ]

Nice Job BigManZam, I want to see if Konami can fix this.
[ Author: Guest: Ben | Posted: May 20, 2007 9:20 AM ]

do these bugs take away from the game? i really wanted to purchase this game but if its buggy would MLB 07 the show on the PS3 be a better pick? oh i dont know a word of japanese.
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Apr 16, 2007 5:36 AM ]

Any news? although this game is brilliant(first time playing a PYS game at all)The number of black screens gives me headaches LITERALLY. It's very very constant hit ball run play black screen replay black screen etc etc etc...

About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.