Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Wii is awesome

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Wii is awesome
i cant wait for a full-blown Wii baseball game. i dont know if you guys have tried it yet but swinging the Wiimote like a bat in Wii Sports Baseball is a lot more fun than you may think. the AI is pretty simple so i recommend 2 players. i just love it when i play with my friend who would throw some balls and splitter in the dirt to trick me, it just feels great when you hold up on pitches at the last second to work a walk or foul off 10 pitches consecutively because your friend is changing speed on you. i cant wait for a real baseball to come out with real players Japanese or American more realisitc graphics and more advanced AI. if you guys havent tried it yet, give Wii Baseball a chance, because i know it feels boring now to play baseball games with a regular controller and cursor.
Comments
Re: Wii is awesome
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: May 5, 2007 12:58 PM | SFT Fan ]

I love Wii Sports baseball, but they need to make a full-blown baseball game for the Wii. I have a feeling that THE BIGS is gonna suck, so I can hardly wait for a Japanese baseball game to come out like Jikkyou Pawa Pro.

Concerning Wii Sports, ever since I switched to the left side, I've been hitting homers like crazy, but I don't like the pitching because I tend to throw like Yuu Darvish out of the stretch, and like Dice-K from the windup, and a jerk with the Wiimote means a thrown pitch.
[ Author: Vir4030 | Posted: May 9, 2007 1:04 AM | HT Fan ]

Do you know if Wii games are region protected in any way?
yes~
[ Author: Guest: Luigi | Posted: May 10, 2007 3:15 PM ]

looks like PawaPuro is heading to Wii, complete with Wiimote Control, July 19!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/786/786624p1.html
[ Author: Guest: Luigi | Posted: May 10, 2007 3:54 PM ]

to follow up on my previous post, i have found a tiny scan of Famitsu here http://gonintendo.com/?p=17551 and it looks like the Wiimote control will just be a small bonus mode to play a simple exhibition game and the homerun derby. seems like for now the season mode and all that other good stuff will still be exclusively for old style controllers. still, anything resembling an actual baseball game using Wiimote will suffice for me since I have fun even with something as primitive as Wii Sports baseball, but I wish they would let you play My Life with the Wiimote...
[ Author: BigManZam | Posted: May 10, 2007 7:09 PM | CLM Fan ]

Cool. I just hope they fix the gameplay and physics. All the gimmicks in the world mean nothing to me if it still plays like the craptastic Pawapuro 13. BTW, Nori Nakamura in the screenshot!!!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.