Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Official Pawapuro 14 Thread(7/19 for PS2 and Wii)

Discussion in the Video Games forum
Official Pawapuro 14 Thread(7/19 for PS2 and Wii)
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/pawa/14_wii/

All modes will not be playable using the Wiimote. Basic gameplay is still used by conventional means, but there is a RemoPawa mode in which you can play Wii Sports style with friends. It also looks like you can use your Mii in the game.

The big news here is that there is now online play. The bigger news is that there is no "Wii only" claim to the online play, so this could also be on the PS2 version. This means all of you with Japanese PS3s could possibly be playing Pawapuro online this summer.

Konami claims that this online mode...be prepared to be shocked...supports multiple players in one game. This means there can be collaboration between the battery. They mention how you can feel the expectations of your teammates in an important at bat. They even talk about how you can be a separate manager. I'll believe it when I see it...running smoothly with no lag. Though I have to admit, if any game is graphically simple enough to run multiple online accounts with no lag, it's Pawapuro. Konami failed miserably with PYS4 online, and the DS games aren't that great online, either. It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Of course all this goes out the window when the game maintains the very flawed physics and gameplay of Pawapuro 13. A warning sign I see with the press releases so far is no mention of fixed gameplay flaws and no mention of any improvement to the standard gameplay. It reminds me of a western game press release with how they pimp all the new features and modes, but no information on gameplay improvements. Definitely a step in the wrong direction, because the press releases from a few years ago used to be way more promising.

Comments
Re: Official Pawapuro 14 Thread(7/19 for PS2 and Wii)
[ Author: NipponHam11 | Posted: May 21, 2007 10:20 AM | SFT Fan ]

Since I own a Wii, I think that PawaPro 14 might be worth checking out, since I have absolutely no confidence in 2K Sports' arcade MLB entry, entitled "The Bigs." The Wii is region free to start with, so it'll be a small investment. It will most likely also give me a hand with reading Japanese, lol.

I just hope that it's easier for me to win in PawaPro with the more recent games since I just can't win on the older games for the Super NES and such, and it's really frustrating.
Re: Official Pawapuro 14 Thread(7/19 for PS2 and Wii)
[ Author: Shinigami | Posted: May 22, 2007 11:04 AM | FSH Fan ]

Er...Wii is not regional free...

If ur Wii is US version, u wont be able to play JP version games, which Pawapuro 14 is definitely gonna be on.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.